(This recipe is enough for at least 12 people with this recipe-unless you plan to make it on Thanksgiving or Christmas, you may want to reduce it to 1/2 or 1/3)
500 grams mascarpone cheese
5 eggs- as fresh as you can get them (like at a farmer’s market)
10 heaping T sugar
Pavesini biscotti (like Lady Fingers)
make a pot of espresso coffee and set aside
- Separate yolks and whites into different bowls.
- Mix sugar and egg yolks until smooth. Mix in mascarpone. Set aside.
- Whip egg whites into stiff peaks and gently fold into egg yolks-do not over mix.
- Line the bottom of a large pyrex with biscotti, dipping them into the espresso first.
- Layer some of the mascarpone/egg mixture.
- Repeat a few times to make a few layers.
- Grate some chocolate or sprinkle with cocoa on top if desired.