- On November 18, 2015 Compagnia Editoriale Aliberti launched the first digital platform in Italy dedicated solely to love. Featuring contemporary authors from around the world, readers are offered a plethora of interesting fiction and non-fiction books.
Francesco Aliberti’s vision for this ambitious project became a reality with the help of Dr. Cinzia Giorgio (Love’s Editorial Director). Dr. Giorgio is a well known Italian author, literary critic, and a recipient of the prestigious Strega literary award. In addition, she is a professor of Women’s Studies at the Vatican University in Rome.
Readers can find literature based on the following 10 facets of LOVE. Note: the following list contains the original Italian description followed by English translation.
- Lovestruck = romanzi d’amore ambientati ai nostri giorni (contemporary romance)
- Lovesick = romanzi d’amore con un tocco di mistero (romantic suspense)
- Love Story = romanzi d’amore ambientati in epoche passate (historical romance)
- Entangled Love = romanzi d’amore intensi (intense love stories with a twist)
- Love Affair = romanzi erotici (erotic romance)
- Lovely = romanzi per giovani lettori (young adult)
- Lovebirds = commedie romantiche (chick-lit)
- International Love = romanzi d’amore in altre lingue (books written in the original language: English, French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, etc)
- Love Letters = saggi, teatro, epistolari e poesie (wise, poetic or theatrical love)
- Civil Love = scritti sulla passione per l’arte, la politica, l’impegno civile, la letteratura e così via (political, civic or artistic love)
All books are currently being offered as e-books, which is a fairly new concept for Italians, but gradually gaining popularity due to the prevalence and convenience of e-readers (especially when traveling). In time, the majority of these e-books will be printed into hard copiesNOTE: For English readers, go to: www.cealiberti.it and click on Love. Then click International Love to find books in your language.